Nexen has been working in northeastern BC since 2006 and has a total land position of approximately 1,214 km2. We currently produce shale gas from our Dilly Creek facility. Our company is known as an excellent employer and for doing business in the local community.
- Supported the establishment of an oil and gas field operator course delivered by a local college that helps ensure local citizens have the skills and experience to apply when job openings are created
- Participate in an annual local contractor Energy Expo that provides a forum for local businesses to network and generate opportunities with larger shale gas contractors
- Participate with local contractor workshops in Fort Nelson where we outline our development plans and review our hiring practices and vendor selection criteria
- Hired a community engagement specialist to work with local businesses and connect them with appropriate Nexen staff
- Investigating options to enhance the linkage between local contracting opportunities and locally available services
- Committed to identifying and considering locally available goods and services for inclusion into a fair and transparent bid evaluation process